Dudhsagar falls which are popularly known to be majestic Falls of the country are now fully open for Jeep Safari booking. The falls were closed for 5-6 months due to heavy monsoon seasons. The place was in a mess due to fallen trees and roadblocks. However, Dudhsagar waterfall is all prepared to welcome the visitors from the 3rd October. The waterfall is generally packed with tourists after the monsoon season to witness the very famous white milky falls.
The forest department has stated that it will allow around 170 jeeps a day during the weekdays and 225 jeeps during the weekends. The carrying capacity of the forest is around 240 trips a day. Currently, the forest department is not in favour of allowing many vehicles to enter as it will disturb the wildlife there.
The full-day tour package is open in Goa, with free transportation from the north goa hotels included in the package at a reasonable cost of Rs. 1699 for adults and Rs. 1500 for children.
The forest department has decided to keep the entrance enhanced with the natural interpretation which will feature Lifesize replicas of a total of 11 animals. The waterfall is aimed at providing the tourist with a very educative insight into the flora and fauna of the place.
Jeep Safari Inauguration Day Photos on 2nd October at Mollem, Goa
For the best packages, find the Full Day trip itinerary:
Here is a route Itinerary which is told in length about the hourly schedule of the entire day. Here it goes:
- 06:00 am to 06:30 am: At sharp 6:00, there will be a pick up provided from the location of the hotel. The tourists will be taken to Mollem National Park Entrance. The itinerary has been prepared, by taking all the provisions of delays.
- 08:30 am to 09:00 am: The journey will be of 2 hours approximately. The departure to Mollem National park will be approximately at 8:30 am. Tourists will be given half an hour to have their breakfast at the restaurant in Mollem National Park. However, this breakfast will not be included in the itinerary costs and it is up to the tourists will have breakfast or not.
- 09:00 am to 10:00 am: After the breakfast, the tourists will get a chance to experience the Jeep Safari for around 60 mins, where they will be travelling through Mollem National Park forest to the waterfall.
- 10:00 am to 11:00 am: Once the tourists reach the destination, they will just need to walk for 200 meters to reach the waterfall. The tourists are given one full hour to relax at the waterfall. They are also given swim life jackets to avoid any mishap. This is one of the most exciting times of the journey. Dudhsagar falls is one of the most beautiful falls. It is a huge charm for the tourists to experience it. Although one hour might not be enough to enjoy the beautiful waterfall, still there is no other choice as there is a lot to do in the entire day. During this one-hour tourists click loads of pictures, interact and talk to each other, stand in front of the falls, have a comfortable swim, and serene time.
- 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: Once the tourists have enjoyed the waterfall, they are taken back to the Mollem National Park Entrance. The tourists again get to experience the Jeep Safari on the way back to Mollem National Park Entrance.
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm: For a span of half an hour, the tourists are taken to visit the Spice plantation. The land of spices, this plantation is a must-visit when in Goa. It is the best way to appreciate and get moshed in nature and experience the eco-friendly way of living life. Here are a few reasons why one must visit the Spice plantation:
- Premium Hospitality: The tourists there whoever visit the place are given a royal treatment. They are shown the way to an open area where each of them is offered a small glass of jasmine tea. The atmosphere is very green and eye candy to the eyes.
- Natural Spices: It is a 45 mins tour where the tourists are shown the natural growing of spices and are educated about it in depth. The tourists are spoken to in detail about the types of spices, the advantages and non-advantages of it.
- 12:30 pm to 03:00 pm: Once the spice plantation tour is over, the tourists are offered a Goan style buffet lunch (Veg/Non-Veg). The tourists are also given an option of Elephant ride or shower which is not included in the package and if interested they would want to take it from their own pockets.
- 03:00 pm to 04:00 pm: Once the tourists have had the gala lunch, they are taken to visit the Old Goa’s church Basilica of Bom Jesus (UNESCO World Heritage sites). This is like a Complementary Visit for the tourists. The old Goa church is a very famous property and people travel from far off places to visit it. The visit is for an hour which includes travelling as well.
- 04:00 pm to 05:30 pm: Once the tour to Old Goa’s church Basilica of Bom Jesus is over, the trip comes to an end. The tourists are taken back to the hotel or the location to relax and chill.
If you are interested, you can visit the website for more details and continue with the booking.